What is a house?
A house is a building that serves as a home or residence for individuals or families, and where the resident has the right to use the land on which the building is located. A house usually has an associated garden and other outdoor areas, such as a driveway.
There are many different types of houses, depending on what one is looking for. The most common types of houses are detached houses, villas, disused farms, and townhouses. The detached house, which is a single-family house on its own land, is the most common type of house in Europe. Most houses are owner-occupied, but it is also possible to find houses for rent. If you rent a house, it is important to investigate what is included in the rental agreement, so you know what you are getting for the money and what obligations you have.
Often families with children choose to live in a house, as they need space for many people. Also, families with dogs enjoy having a house where the dog can run freely in the garden.
What are the benefits of a house for rent in Malle?
There can be many advantages to renting a house instead of buying one. Here are some examples:
- Flexibility: As a tenant, you can more easily move if you change jobs or personal circumstances change. If you own the property, you risk having to find a buyer before you can move.
- Less maintenance when you rent: When you rent the house, it is often the landlord who is responsible for maintenance and repairs. This can save you a lot of money when the roof cracks or the heating system breaks down.
- No property tax: As a tenant, you do not have to pay property tax, as this is the landlord’s responsibility.
- Lower startup costs: Renting usually requires a smaller financial investment upfront compared to the costs of buying a house. You typically have to pay a deposit and prepaid rent, but you avoid paying a larger down payment, expenses for a property lawyer, registration fees, etc.
- Lower financial risk: As a tenant, you are not exposed to loss of value when property prices fall.
Renting a house instead of an apartment also offers several advantages, including:
- More space: Houses often have more space both indoors and outdoors compared to apartments.
- Privacy: Houses often offer more privacy since you don’t share walls or floors with neighbors, as you do when living in an apartment in a multi-story building.
- Garden: A house often has a private garden where one can grow plants, have pets, or just enjoy outdoor space.
- Better for families: Houses are typically more family-friendly than apartments, with more rooms and outdoor and indoor space to accommodate a family.
- Own parking space: Most houses have at least one dedicated parking area, and often there is also a carport or garage, which can be a significant advantage, especially in areas with limited parking.
- Less noise: In houses, you don’t have to worry about sharing facilities like laundry rooms, elevators, or entrances with many other residents, which can reduce noise and disturbances.
- More storage space: Houses often have more storage space than apartments, where basement and attic spaces have to be shared with others. Outdoor areas can also provide additional storage space in the form of sheds, annexes, playhouses, garages that can be used as hobby rooms, etc.
- Possibility to keep pets: When you live in a house, it is usually easier to get permission to keep pets than when living in an apartment.
The choice whether you want to live in a house or an apartment, in an owned or rented property, centrally in the city, in a suburb, or in the countryside is, of course, entirely up to you. If you are considering other types of accommodations than renting a house, you can instead look for an apartment for rent, or a room for rent.
How to find houses for rent in Malle?
Finding the right house to rent requires thorough research and a well-considered plan. Start by defining your top priorities, requirements, and needs—for example, location, house size, rent budget, etc.—and consider whether you need facilities like a garden or garage, often available when living in a house. Once you have clarified exactly what type of house you are looking for, it is time to explore the market to find several potential options that meet your criteria.
When you have found the houses you are interested in renting, contact the landlords to arrange viewings. It is a good idea to visit several different houses to have a solid basis for comparison. Remember to ask questions and take notes along the way, so you can make a comprehensive list of pros and cons and then select the house that best meets your unique wishes and needs. When you have found the house you would like to rent, contact the landlord quickly to ensure it does not get rented to someone else before you.
Get more tips on how to rent a house in our guide: How to rent a house - The 8 most important steps.
Find an available house rental in Malle online
The first step in your search is to get an overview of the available houses for rent on the market. You can get this overview on Housingtarget.com, which is one of the leading housing portals for rental properties in Europe, including houses for rent.
On Housingtarget.com, you will find an extensive selection of houses for rent across the whole continent, whether you are looking for a smaller house, a townhouse, a detached house, a discontinued farm, or a regular villa or detached house with a garden. You can filter your search based on different criteria, so you can easily find homes that suit your specific needs.
You can also set up automatic search agents for houses for rent on Housingtarget.com, so you are notified of new vacant houses for rent that match your preferences. This means you can be one of the first to contact the landlord, thus increasing your chances of securing the right house for you and your family.
Find an affordable house for rent in Malle
If you wish to find an economically affordable house to rent, it requires a comprehensive and active effort from your side. Start by researching a broad range of options, so you can find the cheapest offer and then negotiate the rent price with landlords. Contact property companies that have houses for rent. Use housing portals like Housingtarget.com that can give you an overview of which houses are available for rent on the market right now. Let your network know that you are looking for a house to rent, so they can assist you in your search. Expand your search via social media – you are welcome to post your search in Facebook groups for housing seekers created by Housingtarget.com.
When you have received offers from various landlords, it is time to negotiate the rental price. By keeping multiple options open, you improve your chances of finding a landlord willing to accommodate your price proposal. It is important that you appear as a reliable, appealing, and stable tenant with good finances, so the landlord sees an advantage in having you as a tenant. If a reduction in rent is not possible, you might try negotiating other benefits, such as garden maintenance or a lower deposit.
Choose a house for rent with high quality and standard
The quality of your home greatly impacts your overall quality of life. When searching for a house to rent, it is crucial to focus on finding a place that is not only functional but also located in a well-maintained area with good facilities.
The quality of housing is a broad concept and depends on many different factors. Here are some things you should pay attention to:
- Technical installations: It's important to ensure that the house's technical installations are in good condition, including the heating system, ventilation, plumbing installations, electricity, etc. A good heating system, along with a good ventilation solution, helps to ensure a good indoor climate.
- Building materials and construction quality: Check the durability and quality of the materials used in the construction of the house.
- Location: Is the house located in a quiet and safe neighborhood, and is it close to schools, shopping opportunities, and public transport?
- Floor plan and design: Does the house have a well-designed and functional floor plan?
- Maintenance: Has the house been well maintained over time? Is the paint peeling, are there loose bricks, is the fencing toppled over?
- Energy utilization: Are appliances modern and A-rated, and is there good insulation to save money on electricity and heating? It's important that the house has modern and energy-efficient systems to contribute to lower energy costs and a better indoor climate.
- Outdoor areas: An attractive and well-maintained garden is a huge plus when looking for a house to rent. The garden is an additional living space. Is there a good lawn, a covered rooftop terrace or porch, a shed for storing tools, etc.?
- Nature and view: Many prioritize being close to nature when looking for a house to rent. A house with a view is an evergreen - but you also pay for it.
- Technology: Are all sockets and electrical wires modernized, are there enough internet sockets, and do you have access to fast internet? How is the mobile coverage?
- History and aesthetics: The house should have appealing aesthetics, and knowing the building's history and any previous renovations or restorations can be advantageous.
Use your common sense when looking for a house to rent
When renting a property, it is very important that you check the landlord before transferring money to them. This also applies when you want to rent a house. Always get legal help to review your rental contract before signing it. Arrange a viewing of the property, check the landlord's background, and get documentation for the landlord's right to rent out the property before signing or transferring money to the landlord. Most importantly: Use your common sense.
We have compiled a series of tips on what you should be aware of in this guide: Check the landlord before payment.
Find a house of the right size and layout in Malle
When choosing the house you want to rent, it is crucial to ensure that the house meets both your current and future needs. The house should have a size and a room distribution that is in harmony with your current life situation—as well as any future changes in the time you plan to live there, such as a family increase or the possibility of working from home.
The house's layout and floor plan can have a significant impact on your daily quality of life. Consider what interior design and utilization options you would like to have when you move into the house. Also, think about the layout of the garden and outdoor areas.
You can find more inspiration on how to arrange your new house in our guide: 12 steps to furnish your house - Create a home that complements your lifestyle.
When you are moving into a house
Once you have made the decision to move to a new house, it is time to plan and organize the move from your current home to the new house. Moving to a house involves many considerations regarding the use of space inside the house and in the garden, which may require a bit more preparation.
We have compiled this guide for you who are moving into a house: Moving into a house checklist.
Renting out a house in Malle
If you have a vacant house that you wish to rent out, you can find your tenant through Housingtarget.com, which is one of Europe's leading online platforms for renting out private homes, including houses. We are used by private landlords as well as housing associations, property companies, and property administrators for renting out properties—including villas and townhouses.
When you advertise your house for rent on Housingtarget.com, it gets exposed to a wide range of people looking for rental properties—from young families to companies looking for rental housing for their employees, to the older couple looking for senior housing.
You can create a property ad for your vacant house here, or actively search for potential tenants directly here. If you have questions or need assistance, you are always welcome to contact us at [email protected] for a personal dialogue. We are ready to help you with good advice and guidance for your rental process.
To make the process easier for you, we have prepared a guide that takes you through the rental process from start to finish: How to rent a house - The 8 most important steps.
What is a villa?
A villa is a type of residential property, often larger and more luxurious than a typical single-family house. A villa can be detached, meaning it does not share walls with neighboring houses, and it is often surrounded by a larger plot or garden. Style and architectural features can vary significantly, but many villas are designed with a combination of aesthetics and functionality, with spacious and well-appointed interiors.
Villas are often associated with a certain form of luxury and can include various amenities such as private pools, large gardens, and even guest houses or service areas. Historically, the term "villa" was used in Roman times to describe a luxurious country house owned by the upper class. In modern times, however, the concept can vary considerably and can be used to describe a wide range of housing types, from modern, high-end residences to more traditional and classic dwellings.
What is a townhouse?
A townhouse is a type of housing where several identical or similar houses are built in a continuous row and share sidewalls with each other. These houses are usually built with uniform architecture and design, and each unit has its own separate entrance.
In a townhouse complex, each housing unit often has its own small garden or courtyard at the back and sometimes also a smaller front yard. The interior of each unit functions as an independent residence, complete with all necessary facilities like kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, etc.
It is popular in many urban areas to rent townhouses, as it allows for more efficient land use and can offer a good balance between privacy and community. It's not uncommon to find townhouse areas with shared amenities such as playgrounds, parks, or swimming pools, accessible to all residents of the complex.